Chelsea has seen a diverse change in its culture since the 1800s, from being known as London’s bohemian quarter with poets, painters and radicals as residents, to the upbeat atmosphere of the 60’s with the Beatles and Rolling Stones as its residents.
Nowadays however, it is known to be home to the infamous Sloane Ranger, a phrase that stereotypes its affluent residents. Chelsea provides an almost youthful and current persona, with high-end shopping and boutique outlets along the Kings Road, alongside desirable restaurants with busy courtyard dining and modern bars.
The Kings Road is the hub of Chelsea, stretching for just under 2 miles; it provides an easy meeting area with ample choice of food and drinks for any social occasion.
The 5 Best things about Chelsea
- Kings Road- lined with an abundance of restaurants, bars and shops, the Kings Road gives Chelsea a local feel as a main high street.
- Architecture- Chelsea has a variety of architectural styles, ranging from the high-end grand styles, to the quirky modern style.
- Diverse- there is an extensive mix of property available, i.e. houses, apartments and purpose-built blocks.
- Cosmopolitan- wonderful cosmopolitan residential atmosphere
- Restaurants- there are many restaurants around Chelsea, catering for both quick food and high-end dining.
Chelsea is largely made up of two main postcode areas, SW3 and SW10. The most desirable area of Chelsea is undoubtedly towards Sloane Square, where the neighbouring Knightsbridge and Belgravia meet.
The property market of Chelsea attracts considerable international attention, the largest being 6.53% of residents are of American nationality. There are also optional garden squares, which residents can apply for a pay an annual fee to use, and in some cases an option to use tennis courts where applicable, managed by the Cadogan Estate.
Chelsea is home to a wide variety of property, from high-end designer mansions, to quirky new apartments. Moreover, there are plenty of private schools within the area to choose from, i.e. Cameron House School and Garden House School.
Chelsea provides an all-round easy environment to live in, with convenient access to the Kings Road, where all necessary amenities are, as most residential streets are situated around the high street.
- Kings road provides all amenities
- Good mix of properties
- Highlights- Cadogan Estate, Old Chelsea, Sloane Square
- Kings Road is better than many high streets, however is very busy with cars and shoppers
- Public transport is poor in a large part of the area
To find out more information about finding property in Chelsea, contact Property Finders London now for a free consultation.
Leave a Reply